Should I drink?
Did you know?
Over five million Australians have been affected by alcohol-related violence
Worried about your drinking?
If you think you might have a problem with alcohol, it's better to get help early.
You might have a problem if:
- your drinking means that you're neglecting work, school work or other things you should do
- you're getting in trouble at work or home about your drinking
- you often feel hung over in the mornings
- you've started thinking about alcohol during the day
- you feel edgy when you're not drinking
- you've noticed you have to drink more to get the same effect
- you often find you're drinking more than you meant to.
Where to get help
If these things apply to you, you could talk to:
- a good friend to see how they're feeling about their own drinking - and whether they've noticed anything about your drinking
- the welfare officer or student counsellor at school for advice or referrals
- a specialist drug and alcohol service about what you can do (see the list of links to the right of this page)
- a counsellor about your concerns.